— 2011 Kansas Housing Conference | August 9 – 11 | Wichita Hyatt Regency —
TOPEKA, KS – December 16, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — Do you have great ideas for dynamic speakers and presentations at next year’s Kansas Housing Conference August 9-11 in Wichita? If so, we want to hear from you! The Conference Steering Committee is now seeking session suggestions that offer:
- Innovative approaches to implementing sustainable development, affordable housing and its connection to smart growth.
- Best practices related to housing finance and construction, historic preservation, partnerships/alliances, capacity building, operations and compliance.
- Effective techniques to increase public support for affordable housing.
- Successful strategies to increase civic engagement among underrepresented citizens and establish collective action around common issue agendas.
- Best practices of affordable housing advocacy at the national and local levels.
- New methods for dealing with the foreclosure crisis.
- Or any current topic that you feel is relevant and timely for the industry.
Any individual, group, business or organization may submit presentation proposals. To submit your ideas, email Catherine Couch at Kansas Housing Resources Corporation, ccouch (at) kshousingcorp (dot) org by February 9, 2011.
Proposals must provide the following information:
Session, roundtable or workshop title: A short, catchy title that reflects the session focus.
Abstract: A brief description of the session, relevance to conference topics and what people can expect to learn. (100 words maximum)
Presenter identification & expertise: Provide the name, title, address, phone number and e-mail address for each presenter. Describe the relevant expertise of each. (1 page max)
Audio-Visual: Describe the audio-visual needs of the session.
Review of Proposals
The Conference Steering Committee will evaluate proposals on: overall quality and originality, practical solutions, application and relevance to the conference.
NOTE: If you are new to the conference or a returning friend, prepare yourself for an incredible amount of information on the subjects of affordable housing, homelessness, financing and organizational development. Our planning committee works year-round to develop innovative workshops on the latest industry trends and attract thought-provoking national and regional speakers. The committee is made up of dozens of housing advocates that work towards achieving successful housing initiatives for Kansas. If you’d like to take part in planning next year’s event, please let us know!
The 2011 Kansas Housing Conference takes place August 9 -11 at the Wichita Hyatt Regency, 400 West Waterman in Wichita. More info soon at www.kshousingconference.org.
Catherine Couch, KHRC
785-296-0081, ccouch (at) kshousingcorp (dot) org