WASHINGTON, D.C. – June 4, 2013 – (RealEstateRama) — June 13 and 14 the HBA will offer the course Advance Green Building: Building Science at the HBA office. This two-day course instructs builders and remodelers on proper building science techniques for constructing and remodeling high-performance homes. The high-performance ideal encompasses more than just energy efficiency – it is about potentially creating a more durable, environmentally responsible and sustainable living environment.
By using case studies, detailed construction drawings and other resources found on GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, the National Association of Home Builders and BuildingGreen, LLC have developed this course to provide builders and remodelers with the highest-level information available. As a graduate of this course, builders will be able to:
• Apply building physics to building performance;
• Translate building science into elements of design and construction;
• Dovetail all features of high performance: energy efficiency, water efficiency, materials efficiency and indoor environmental quality;
• Describe the high-performance home and its benefits to both your team and your clients; and
• Use all aspects of GreenBuildingAdvisor.com, including “My GBA,” the site’s project management tool, on individual projects.
Builders will earn NAHB’s Master Certified Green Professional designations.